Table of Contents
- 1. Each manager is allowed one team.
- 2. Each team must have 18 players (11 starters in one of the allowed formations plus 7 substitutes). The 18 players are: 2 goalkeepers, 6 defenders, 6 midfielders and 4 strikers.
- 3. There can be no more than 3 players from the same club in the same team during the group stage and round of 16. In the quarterfinals, semifinals and final round, 5 players from the same national team will be permitted.
- 4. Each team has a starting budget of $120 million.
- 5. Allowed formations: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 5-3-2, 5-4-1.
- 6. Each manager is allowed 1 free transfer per round. Other transfers during that round will deduct 4 points each from the manager's overall score.
- 7. Each manager gets 1 transfer wildcard, with the ability to purchase more using their coins - each wildcard can be activated for any round, and it allows the manager to make as many free transfers as they want during that round.
- 8. When a player transfers in real life, it can create a situation where you have more than the allowed number of players from the same club on your team. For instance, if you have 3 players from Atalanta and 1 from Torino, and that player from Torino transfers to Atalanta, then you will have 4 players from Atalanta on your team. In this case, you may keep these players until the next time you do a transfer yourself - then you will have to remove one of the players in question (in this example, one of the Atalanta players).
- 9. Transferring out a player who has leftPremier League is free. These players will appear as grey silhouettes on your team.
- 10. Each round will start 15 minutes before kick-off of the first game.
- 11. If you sign up while a round is in progress, your team will be active for the next round.
- Contrary to previous seasons, a Player who earns a penalty-kick will not gain any points
- 1. Players will score points based on their performances in real games.
- 2. In case of postponed games, the players who were supposed to play in those games will get 0 points. However, once the game is played, it will count for the round closest to the new game-date. Only players who are in the team at that point (not players who were there when the game was supposed to be played) will score points.
- 3. The manager may choose between 3 team dispositions, each giving a different mentality to their team: Attacking, Balanced or Defensive. This choice can be made for each round individually, and it affects the amount of points players score for different achievements (goals, clean sheets etc).
- 4. Scoring table (disposition: balanced)
Pos Start Sub Goal Pen Goal Pen Miss Assist YC RC OG Cl. Sheet 3 Conc Victory G 2 1 6 3 -3 3 -1 -3 -3 4** -2* 1* D 2 1 6 3 -3 3 -1 -3 -3 3** -1* 1* M 2 1 5 3 -3 3 -1 -3 -3 1** 0 1* S 2 1 4 3 -3 3 -1 -3 -3 0 0 1*
- 5. Scoring table (disposition: attacking)
Pos Start Sub Goal Pen Goal Pen Miss Assist YC RC OG Cl. Sheet 3 Conc Victory G 2 1 7 3 -3 4 -1 -3 -3 3** -2* 1* D 2 1 7 3 -3 4 -1 -3 -3 2** -1* 1* M 2 1 6 3 -3 4 -1 -3 -3 0 0 1* S 2 1 5 3 -3 4 -1 -3 -3 0 0 1*
- 6. Scoring table (disposition: defensive)
Pos Start Sub Goal Pen Goal Pen Miss Assist YC RC OG Cl. Sheet 3 Conc Victory G 2 1 5 3 -3 3 0 -3 -3 6** -2* 1* D 2 1 5 3 -3 3 0 -3 -3 4** -1* 1* M 2 1 4 3 -3 3 0 -3 -3 2** 0 1* S 2 1 3 3 -3 3 0 -3 -3 0 0 1*
- 7. Each team has a captain and vice-captain, which can be chosen for each round by the manager. The captain will score double points in that round; if the captain doesn't play, then the vice-captain will score double points in that round.
8. What is an assist? To clarify what we consider an assist, we are sharing our decision process.
a) The last pass made before a goal is scored is considered an assist, with exceptions described below.
b) There are no assists in case of an own goal.
c) If the ball was deflected by an opposing player on the way to the scorer in such a way that it wouldn't have reached him without the deflection, we don't consider the pass an assist.
d) If we consider the time period between the final pass and the goal too long, we will not count it as an assist. For instance, if, after the pass, the scorer dribbles past 3 players before scoring, we reserve the right not to count the preceding pass as an assist.
e) In borderline situations, we consult several major online sources for statistics.
f) If online sources don't agree unanimously, we reserve the right to decide whether to count the assist or not based on our own judgment.
- 9. Your substitutes will only score points if a starting player in the same position doesn't play a single minute in that round. For instance, if one of your midfielders doesn't play in a round, then one of the midfielders on your bench will be substituted on for him at the end of that round. The order of substitutes is from top to bottom on the bench, and it can be changed by dragging & dropping bench players.
- 10. Substitutions (like formation/disposition/captain/vice-captain changes) can only be performed between rounds, not during a round, and they are performed by dragging & dropping players on your team page. The only exception is an on-the-fly substitution which allows you to bring on a sub during a round, even for a player who has played already.
*Only if the player was on the pitch for at least 45 minutes.
**Clean sheets are given to players who spend at least 45 minutes on the pitch without conceding, even if their team concedes in the remainder of the game.
- 1. Every manager can create and/or join as many leagues as they want. It is completely free to create a league, but you can choose to set an entry fee for the league (in game currency), in which case the entry fees are added up in order to create a prize for the winner. The prize is 75% of the sum of all entry fees, and is given out after the league ends.
- 2. Each team will be automatically assigned to a national league for their country and a fan league for all supporters of their favorite club.
- 3. After creating a league, the manager will get a join-code which will allow them to invite other managers to join their league. The code may be openly shared on the web (forums, blogs etc).
- 4. In order to join a league created by someone else, a manager needs to know the league's join-code.
- 5. Public classic leagues will be automatically created at the beginning of each round, for those members who didn't join or create any leagues between the day they signed up and the moment the first following round begins.
- 6. Premium members may also apply to leagues. The league administrator then decides whether to accept their application. League administrators also have the choice to turn off applications completely for their league.
- 7. All applications to public leagues will be accepted by Fantasy Premier League staff. Joining a public league this way costs the same amount of coins as joining a user-created league, even though being assigned to a public league automatically costs nothing.
- 8. There are two kinds of leagues: Classic and Head-to-head. Classic leagues work on the simple principle of adding up points the teams score in each round to create a ranking based on their total points. Head-to-head leagues are more like real-life leagues. The participating teams play against each other in each round, and the winner of each match is decided based on the points scored in that round. The winner gets 3 points and the loser gets 0, same as in real-life games. In case of a draw, both teams get 1 point. There is a match center where you can follow the comparative progress of both your team and your opponent in any given round, along with statistics for both teams.
- 9. For every head-to-head league, a fixture schedule is created at the beginning of the first round following league creation. Each team will play each other team twice, same as in real-life leagues. After that the league winner will be known.
- 10. It is possible to late-join only classic leagues (meaning, join after the league competition has already begun). With head-to-head leagues, this is not possible because they are based on a fixture list and adding new teams would force the system to recompile the fixtures for all involved teams.
- 11. When creating a classic league, you can choose how many rounds it will last (between 1 round and full season). For head-to-head leagues, the duration is determined automatically based on the number of teams.
- 12. The administrator of a head-to-head league can remove teams from the league, but only before they've played any matches within the league. This is because removing teams from the league who have already started playing would create holes in the fixture schedule.
- 13. A league must have at least 2 members, or it will be disbanded before its first round begins.
- 14. A head-to-head league has a limited number of members, depending on the number of remaining rounds. It is calculated as: N = (38-Current Round+3)/2. This ensures that there are enough rounds left until the end of the season for each team to play each of the other teams twice. So, before the season, the maximum number of members is 20 and, for instance, after 12 rounds the maximum number is 14.
- 15. All leagues, as well as 1-on-1 matches, have trophies which will be automatically added to your profile after you triumph in a competition.
- 1. Each manager gets 50 coins for creating a team.
- 2. Upgrading to a premium account will bring you 5 coins per month of premium. So upgrading to 3-month premium will bring you 15 coins. Upgrading to full season premium counts as 10 months, and brings you 50 coins.
- 3. You can earn coins in the following ways:
Action Award (coins) Action Award (coins) Sign up 50 Upgrade to premium 5/month Unlock the "Hat Trick" medal 2* Unlock the "Wall" medal 4 Unlock the "Golden Shoe" medal 5 Unlock the "Golden Glove" medal 3 Unlock the "Bronze Medal" medal 3 Unlock the "Silver Medal" medal 5 Unlock the "Gold Medal" medal 10 Unlock the "Fair Play" medal 2 Unlock the "Creativity" medal 2 Unlock the "Leadership" medal 3 Unlock the "All-Star" medal 3 Unlock the "Chosen One" medal 10 Unlock the "Victorious" medal 3 Unlock the "Duelist" medal 2 Unlock the "Perfect Start" medal 3 Unlock the "100 Club" medal 20 Win 1-on-1 match ?** Win a league ?***
- 4. The following items within the game can be bought using coins:
Item Cost (coins) Item Cost (coins) More than 3 players from the same club 30/player Transfer wildcard 40 Extra free transfer per round 40 $1.000.000 budget injection 50 On-the-fly substitution card 55 $5.000.000 budget injection 175 Super-captain card 75
- 5. Coins cannot, under any circumstances, be redeemed for money. Coins can be transferred to the following season.
- 6. All items purchased in the game, including transfer wildcards, expire at the end of the season, and cannot be transferred to the following season.
- 7. In order to discourage cheaters from creating multiple accounts, it is not possible to transfer coins from one member to another.
*All medal rewards are only for paying premium members
**Only for paying premium members
***Only if the league has an entry fee (set by league creator)
V Experience Levels
- 1. Everybody starts with the level Rookie Manager and 0 experience points.
- 2. Gaining experience points
1x points scored in each round 3x points scored in each head-to-head league you take part of 15 points for winning 1-on-1 challenge 5 points for drawing 1-on-1 challenge 5 points for each transfer* More ways to be discovered as you play the game!
- 3. The titles of each experience level will remain a secret until they are achieved by some of our members.
- 4. You can see your current experience and how many points separate you from the next level in the top bar, next to your username (once you've logged in).
- 5. If you stay with us for the following seasons, your manager level will continue to grow - your experience will never reset to 0.
- 6. Likewise, the contents of your trophy case will be on your profile forever and will continue to grow with trophies from each new season.
*Calculated at the beginning of the following round, and only if there was no wildcard active.
- 1. Fantasy Premier League medals
Medal Description "Hat Trick" 3 goals scored in one round "The Wall" 0 goals conceded by defenders and keeper in one round "Golden Shoe" No other team scores more goals in one round "Golden Glove" No other team concedes less goals in one round (counting only defenders and keeper) "Bronze Medal" Ranked #3 in overall standings for the round "Silver Medal" Ranked #2 in overall standings for the round "Gold Medal" Ranked #1 in overall standings for the round "Fair Play" 0 bookings in one round "Creativity" 3 assists in one round "Leadership" Your captain is your highest scoring player of the round (before points are doubled) "All-Star" 3 of your players appear as starters in round dream team "Chosen One" 2 of your players get sent off and you still score at least 50 points "Victorious" 8 players record victories in one round (counting only those who played at least 45 minutes) "Duelist" Win a 1-on-1 match "Perfect Start" All 11 of your starting players start for their clubs (not including auto-subs) "100 Club" Score 100 points in one round "Premium Golden Shoe"* No other Full Premium team scores more goals in one round "Premium Golden Glove"* No other Full Premium team concedes less goals in one round (counting only defenders and keeper) "Premium Bronze Medal"* Ranked #3 in Full Premium standings for the round "Premium Silver Medal"* Ranked #2 in Full Premium standings for the round "Premium Gold Medal"* Ranked #1 in Full Premium standings for the round
- 2. Premium members also win coins for each unlocked medal, according to this table.
- 3. You only earn coins for unlocking the medals, not for every time you win them in following rounds.
- 4. Medals are never awarded retroactively - meaning, if you become a premium member in round 3, then you will not be given medals for your team's achievements in rounds 1 and 2.
*For Full Premium members only.
VII 1-on-1 Matches
- 1. Each challenge is valid for the following round. If a round is in progress, it is not valid for the ongoing round.
- 2. If the other manager doesn't respond to your challenge before the next round begins, the challenge will be discarded.
- 3. For basic members, one on one matches cost 3 coins per manager. Premium members also pay to play one-on-one matches, but the winner gets not only his own coins back but wins the opponent's coins!*
*Only if both managers are paying premium members.
VIII Account Types
- 1. Becoming a premium member has many advantages, including more ways to earn coins, more account options, notifications etc (full list below).
- 2. You will find that premium accounts are inexpensive - beside the multitude of benefits, their primary goal is to help with the funding of the game (hosting, staff etc), to make the game more enjoyable for our dedicated members and to help everyone have more fun.
- 3. Becoming a premium member also helps us keep the game running smoothly, for everyone's enjoyment.
- 4. You can try premium for free by activating a Sample Premium account here.
- 5. You can upgrade or extend your account here.
- 6. You can't upgrade to a Sample Premium account while a round is in progress.
- 7. Full list of account types with their respective attributes:
H Account Type Basic Sample Premium Basic Premium 1 Basic Premium 3 Full PremiumThe duration of the account type. For premium accounts, it is counted from the day your premium account is activated. Length Full Season 2 weeks 1 month 3 months Full SeasonYou can create and join classic leagues, as well as send and receive league invitations. Compete with friends, win trophies and coins! To read more about classic leagues, visit the Rules page. Classic LeaguesYou can create and join head-to-head leagues, as well as send and receive league invitations. Compete with friends, win trophies and coins! To read more about head-to-head leagues, visit the Rules page. Head-to-head LeaguesPremium members, when logged in, will never see any banner ads that basic users see. Ad-freePlay 1-on-1 matches against other managers! To read more about one-on-ones, visit the Rules page. One-on-onesPut your coins on the line in 1-on-1 matches against other managers! To read more about one-on-ones, visit the Rules page. One-on-ones for coinsWe reward your team's performances each round with achievement medals! To read more about medals, visit the Rules page. Win MedalsWith a premium account, you win coins every time you unlock a new medal! To read more about medals, visit the Rules page. Win Coins With MedalsPremium members get to use their own personalized team analysis page - this includes comparative stats for your players, highlighting underperforming lines of team, suggested formations and much more! Team AnalysisIn addition to basic statistics which can be found under the Stats menu, premium members have access to advanced graphical statistics, with helpful tools to compare fantsy teams, real clubs, players and leagues over various time periods. Advanced StatisticsPremium members can interact with other managers in the game by sending and receiving private messages. This feature is not available for Basic members and Sample Premium members in order to prevent spammers from using it. Private MessagesIn-game notifications help you stay up-to-date at all times regarding your team and game events. For example, you will be automatically notified when you are invited to a league, someone joins your league, when a round ends, when you win medals etc. NotificationsPremium members have the option of adding a logo for their team. The logo must be approved by an administrator before it becomes visible to the public. Team LogoYou no longer have to wait for an invitation - you can apply for league membership yourself! This feature is not available for Basic members and Sample Premium members in order to prevent spammers from using it. Apply to LeaguesPremium members receive a bonus of 5 coins per month of premium. Coin Bonus 0 0 5 15 50Great prizes will be awarded at the end of the season to the best full premium managers! To read more about prizes, visit the Rules page. Class 1 Prizes
- 1. Full Premium members compete for Class 1 prizes. All other members (Basic, Sample Premium, Basic Premium 1 and Basic Preimum 3) compete for Class 2 prizes.
- 2. Fantasy Premier League Class 1 prizes (Full Premium members)
Position Prize 1 $500 2 $250 3 $100 4 $50 5 $50
- 3. Fantasy Premier League Class 2 prizes (all other members)
Position Prize 1 $200 2 $100 3 $50 4 Full Premium next season 5 Full Premium next season
- 4. It may take up to 4 weeks to deliver the prizes after the season ends.
- 5. Prizes to be paid via PayPal only
- 1. Trophies appear in your account's Trophy case as soon as you've won a competition.
- 2. Trophies never expire, and will be on your accoutn for life.
XI Rules of Conduct
- 1. We support free speech and there are no strict limitations regarding your choice of words in your communication with fellow managers; however, we reserve the right to take disciplinary action, including banning, if we feel you are deliberately doing something to offend other managers or disrupt the game.
- 2. Please do not use offensive language in your team name, manager name or league names. This includes explicit terms, racism, inflamatory political or religious commentary and similar.
- 3. This goes for all languages, not just English.
- 4. We do not tolerate any offensive words or offensive Team names, so please avoid using any word that might be deemed offensive when picking your Team's name. If it's your first time, we will warn you and ask you to change the Team's name. However, if you repeatedly use offensive names, then we will have to ban you. In addition, if you directly and intentionally offend someone, or if we receive complaints about abusive behavior, then we are left with no choice but to ban you.
- 5. We do not mediate off-site disputes between members. For example, if you and another manager get into an argument on Twitter and they say something offensive to you, we can't do anything about that.
- 6. We reserve the right to ban or un-ban members as we see fit. If you contact us to appeal your ban, we will consider it and respond to you within 24 hours.
- 7. If you feel you do not wish to communicate with a certain member, you can easily block them from sending you any more private messages by clicking the appropriate button below the message you received from them.